Who can obtain a copy of a police report?

To obtain a copy of a traffic accident, you must be listed as the driver, passenger, or an authorized agent/representative of the people listed in the report or someone filing the claim.

To obtain a copy of a property or person crime report, you must provide a case number or other related information to assist in locating the incident. Please note the report may not be released if it is still under investigation or restricted.

If you are an arrested party on the police report and charges are filed by the District Attorney’s Office, the District Attorney will provide a copy of the report to your attorney at the arraignment hearing.

If a report was not written however there was a call made to the Sheriff’s Office you may request a copy of the call. Please note we only release a summary of the call such as the date, time, location and nature of call and must be 2008 to current.

If a juvenile is listed on the report as a suspect, is arrested, or the activity may result in court proceedings, you can only obtain a copy after petitioning the Juvenile Delinquency Court and an order or petition is granted. You may also be required to fill out and sign a Declaration for Receipt of Confidential Juvenile Information. For more information contact the Juvenile Delinquency Court at 559-600-6100.