What if I have no money for funeral expenses (Indigent Cremation)?

The County of Fresno does not have financial assistance available. For those who cannot afford funeral services, or in cases when we are unable to find next of kin, the County provides a direct cremation. There are no provisions for services, viewing or individual burial.

If you feel you might need this service, you will be asked to fill out a County Burial Application, which includes information needed for the death certificate, some basic financial questions, provide documentation, and sign authorization papers.