If this is an emergency
please call 911
Using this reporting system allows you to submit a report online and print a copy of that report for free.
Please confirm the following to determine if the online reporting system is right for you:
- This is NOT an emergency.
- The incident you are reporting occurred in an unincorporated area in the County of Fresno.
*If you live in the City of Fresno, click here.
- There are no known suspects.
- The incident does not involve an agricultural theft (i.e., theft of copper wire, metal, farm equipment/materials, crops, livestock)
- The incident does not involve the theft or loss of a firearm.
- The incident does not involve the theft of a license plate or motor vehicle.
- The incident does not involve a break-in to a residence, office or other building.
If you answered YES to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. If you answered NO to any of the above questions, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions section.
Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.
Once you have filled out and submitted your report you will:
- See the words: “Your online report has been submitted,” showing that your report is now in the database, pending review by a sworn deputy sheriff of this department.
- Be provided a temporary case number for that report until it is reviewed and verified by the deputy.
- Be able to print a copy of that report for your records.
- Need to check your email regularly until you receive the email that contains your permanent case number.
- If we need additional information, we will send an email requesting that information.
- We attempt to process the reports as quickly as possible so the cases can be routed to the appropriate area.
- If you fail to respond to the emails and we are unable to process the report as written, your report will be rejected and you will have to re-file the report
- All reports filed online will be reviewed by a sworn deputy sheriff of this department for content and accuracy.
- If further information is needed, you may be contacted by that deputy.
- Filing a false police report is a crime in the State of California [refer to California Penal Code 148.5(a)].
- If you have questions or difficulty filing the report, please call (559) 600-3111 to ask for assistance
By using the Fresno County Sheriff’s Office Citizens Online Reporting System, you may report the following incidents online (please choose one):
- Harassing Phone Call
- Identity Theft
- Lost Property
- Fraudulent Use of Credit Card
- Theft From Vehicle (Vehicle Burglary)
- Theft of Vehicle Parts / Accessories
- Vandalism to Vehicle
- Additional Property Loss Items/SO136
- House Check
- Custody Order Violation
Powered by Coplogic's Online Citizen Police Reporting