The Fresno County Sheriff's Department Detention Custody Bureau provides tours of the detention facilities to law enforcement agencies, corrections professionals, news media, community leaders, members of community organizations, schools and other organizations upon request.
Tours of the jail facilities are available on a scheduled basis.
Groups and organizations wishing to schedule a tour may contact jail staff at 600-8458 Tuesday-Friday between the hours of 6:00am and 4:30pm.
Any person requesting a tour should be aware of the following:
- The Fresno County Sheriff's Department maintains a NO HOSTAGE facility and will not consider bargaining with hostage takers for ANY reason.
- All participants shall be required to complete and sign a Damage Waiver WAIVER.pdf and Release of Claims form. A complete list of all tour members’ names, accompanied by the signed waiver forms must be submitted prior to the tour. No member of the tour shall be permitted entry into the facility without a signed waiver form. Visiting guests under the age of eighteen (18) must have parental permission and a Waiver form completed by their parent of guardian prior to entry. Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by and adult.
- Members of the group must dress appropriately. Students must wear clothing in compliance with their school dress (i.e., no gang attire) Dresses and skirts should be discouraged. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- All members of the group must clear the metal detector or they will not be permitted access into the facility.
- Purses, backpacks briefcases, cell phones and other personal effects will not be allowed into the secured areas of the facility.
- The jail is frequently a hostile, unpredictable and unpleasant environment. Tour members may be subjected to vulgar and/or obscene manners of communication.
- The requestor should also be advised that tours are subject to cancellation without notice by the Watch Commander should it be determined that safety and/or staffing levels are inadequate to conduct tours for the day.
- The numbers of persons permitted on a tour shall be determined at the discretion of the Watch Commander.
The Fresno County Sheriff's Department Detention Custody Bureau is proud of it facility operations, and the professionalism of the Correctional Staff assigned to maintain the care and custody of persons incarcerated in Fresno County.