Are you going to be away for an extended amount of time and would like a deputy to check on your residence when calls for service allow?
Crime prevention tips for while you are away from your home:
- Close and lock all of your doors and windows.
- Use your burglar alarm.
- Set lights and a television or radio to go on and off with timers.
- Keep bushes and trees trimmed back to limit places to hide around your house.
- Have someone mow your lawn.
- Have a trusted friend or neighbor stop by occasionally.
- Stop newspaper delivery.
- Stop mail delivery.
- Don't mention vacations on Facebook or other social media websites.